Sunday, January 26, 2014

Wiped

Family took a ridiculous hike today. The plan was 2 - 2 1/2 hours, so I packed what I needed to get through that timeframe. We hit the trail at 11:30 (about an hour later than intended) and didn't exit until 4:00. Nearly a 4.5 mile loop that was tougher than expected. Feet are killing, but according to my calories tracking app....I might have burned 2580 calories on that hike (that's estimating only hiking for 3.5 hours since we had a number of brakes. LOTS of complaining about feet and exhaustion along the way.) At one point my blood sugar was crashing so bad I knew I needed something. I always pack Clif Bars and LaraBars for emergency snacks. But improvised with a half a sandwich Ed handed me instead. Probably the better choice over the 2 bar types. Anyway, I think we did it wrong today and my food was a bit whacky, but not too terribly out of sorts. :)
Breakfast @ 9:00

1 whole poached egg
1/2 avocado
2 slices bacon
Snack @ 12:45 (on trail)

15 almonds
35 g protein shake
Unknown time (2:30 ish?)

1/2 slice whole wheat bread
approx 2 oz turkey breast
1 slice swiss cheese
3 jolly ranchers

Post hike (about 4:30)

Muscle Pharm Aminos (really to keep my tummy happy till dinner)
Absolutely fricken STARVING when we came off the trail. Hit Chili's for dinner and note my excitement. They LISTENED to me! They made a salad out of the margarita chicken AND it has avocado! I'm in love! Ordered it minus corn salsa and rice. Next time asking for more greens. Left a lot of black beans on my plate.

Dinner @ 5:30

Chips and salsa - too many to count
4 oz chicken breast
1/4 avocado
1/2 c black beans
1 - 1 1/2 c salad greens
Tortilla strips (forgot about those, but ate them anyway. Maybe 1/4 cup)
NOW:
35 g protein shake



No comments:

Post a Comment