Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hiking Rest Day

Family day!! Got a really late start to the day. Took the kids for a 4.1 mile hike over in the Cave Creek area. They were fantastic! It was a relatively easy hike, mostly flat, but a good walk none the less. It was good to get out and hang with the fam bam for the day to enjoy the weather and each other. LOTS of life lessons were taught today. MUCH better day than the original plan of taking the kids to the dinosaur exhibit. Better quality time. Oh...and my body is W.R.E.C.K.E.D from the last 2 days of training! 
Breakfast @ 10:00

2 POACHED eggs! (First time I have EVER poached an egg and I killed it!)
1 slice plain ezekiel toast with
1 tsp of coconut oil
Lunch @ 1:30 (just prior to hitting the trailhead)

1 c plain greek yogurt
1/4 c pineapple
Snack @ 4:00 (on trail)

25 g protein shake
Snack @ 5:00 (just after exiting the trail)

Muscle Pharm Aminos
Dinner @ 6:00 (Thank God I had this pre-packed in the car! I was starving when some lady rear ended us!)

2 C Salad Mix
4.9 oz chicken
After this we took the kids to Peter Piper Pizza. They have been hassling me for awhile to go. They shared a pizza and I watched. No pizza for me. Ed can verify. ;)

Snack @ 9:00 (just got the kids to bed)

1/2 c greek yogurt
12.5 g protein powder

So looking forward to my training sesh with Mel tomorrow! Watch out open gym, we is coming for youz!




No comments:

Post a Comment