Friday, January 10, 2014

Attitude Adjustments Bureau

Had to take Joey to the doctor since he is now sick (so many damned cooties flying around my house right now). On the way home, he requested Subway for lunch. I decided I would oblige. OH MY GAWD! Practically DROOLED all over these sandwiches I picked up. Not gonna lie... I sniffed it, hugged it like Spidey here, daydreamed a bit, then walked away. Strikes me as funny that just a few short years ago, I considered this "healthy" food. It was a go-to spot when I didn't want to go overboard. Now it just classifies as a cheat meal, and is it even worth it? Depends on the day I guess.

Driving to they gym, all I could think about was how unmotivated I was and I was fantasizing about a cheat. Actually, I was strategizing. When should it be, what should it be, what events are coming up, how much longer can I hold out, the list goes on and on. While this seems relatively normal, almost like white noise, what bothered me most was realizing I wasn't excited about going into the gym. None of my gals were gonna make it, the WOD was ok, and nothing that really had me going "OH HELL YEAH!" I felt in a funk. Why? We are only 11 days into this year and only 50.5 weeks left to make big changes.

My entire attitude changed when I walked in (typical!). Sooooo many amazing friends were there that I don't normally get to work out with! Ellie, Sarah F, Rachel, Alli, Heather, and even Jayson all made this class a fun one. Ok...Beau did too. ;) I walked out totally refreshed and with a completely different attitude, even toward a cheat meal (what cheat meal? Who needs a cheat meal? NOT ME!)

Breakfast @ 7:15

2 whole eggs poached
1/2 ezekiel muffin
1/2 T coconut oil
Snack @ 11:00

1 C Plain greek yogurt
1/4 c pineapple
Lunch @ 2:00

2 c spinach
4.8 oz chicken
5 grape tomatoes
Pre-WOD

25 g protein shake
5:00 CrossFit Class
Rope Climbs (5x1, EOMOM) Rope lock out and Hang
Bench Press 75# (5x5, EOMOM)
15 Min AMRAP - 3 Rounds +30 reps
20 KB Snatches (26#)
15 Box Jumps (20") (13") LIKE A BOSS! ;)
200 m Run


Post-WOD

Muscle Pharm Aminos
Dinner @ 7:15

1 c spinach
3 oz turkey breast
2 slices of bacon 
Snack @ 9:30

1/2 c Greek Yogurt
12.5 g protein powder





No comments:

Post a Comment