Sunday, January 19, 2014

Avocado Love

Gotta love Thug Kitchen. They crack me up. I've never really taken the time to eat avocados. Mostly because I used to hate them. Right now....I'm in freaking LOVE!  Seriously. Mashed, chunked, mixed in my chicken, smeared on bacon, mixed in my poached egg...you name it, I'm eating it. Buuuuuut the caveat is timing. Picked up organic ones today....all unripe. I'm sure all 4 of them will be ripe the same day and then be bad the next day. Live and learn I guess. ;)

I was supposed to go for a run this morning with Jen, but I cancelled last minute. I was so wiped from the week and this is literally the only day I get to sleep in before it all starts up again tomorrow, thus the late breakfast. I know, just and excuse and I admit I totally blew it. I WILL go for a run during the day tomorrow. Promise!! Training this week just fell apart, I feel. A couple of kinda cheats (sweet potato fries and double-double). Tomorrow is a weigh in and measurement day. While I have been unhappy with my progress on weight, I KNOW I have to have dropped inches, so tomorrow is the legit D-DAY. Stay tuned. 

Breakfast @ 10:15

1 whole poached egg
1/3 avocado
2 slice bacon
Lunch @ 2:00

2 c salad mix
4 oz ground turkey breast
1/2 c quinoa
1/3 avocado
1/8 c black beans
drizzle of balsamic
Snack @ 4:30

15 almonds
30 g protein shake

Dinner @ 6:30 (I was going to eat my steamed veggies after my "burrito" but I was so damned full I couldn't fit anymore in there!)

GIANT lettuce leaf (burrito shell)
4 oz shredded chicken breast
2 T caramelized onions (1 T coconut oil/ 1/2 c chicken broth)
1/8 c black beans
1/3 avocado diced
2 cherry tomatoes
Snack at 9:00

30 g protein shake

No comments:

Post a Comment