Monday, December 16, 2013

Temper Tantrum

I walked into today's WOD super negative. We have done it a number of times lately and I suck at it. Not just kinda suck, but REALLY suck. I do it because I don't cherry pick my WOD's, but this thing really breaks me mentally...every...damned....time. I'm always near tears coming to the end of the first mile, then looking at the amount of work left to do as everyone else starts coming out of the gym, already done with their row and I'm just finishing my first run. I turned into a big baby today, bitching, moaning, blaming, glaring.....

In the end, I have no one to blame for my present condition other than me and the decisions I make on the daily. I'm still pissed and seething as I write. Pissed because I hate running, pissed because we do this same WOD every other week, pissed because when I come in from running I'm not even winded!! But the question is, will that anger fuel my desire to change or will I allow it to beat me down like so many times before? Is it going to define my self-esteem? I guess the next few weeks will give us the answer to that question.



Plus side...diet was good today.

Breakfast @ 6:45

2 boiled eggs
1 slice of ezekiel bread
1/2 T coconut oil on top






Snack @ 10:30

1 C plain Greek yogurt
1/4 c fresh pineapple




Lunch @ 1:00 with staff at Rula Bula Irish Pub...Yeah...they picked an Irish PUB for lunch. I had a chicken salad with strawberries, blue cheese crumbles, and pecans. I didn't feel cheated and was satisfied after this meal. More importantly, I didn't feel gross like I would have if I had the pub fare they were eating. Drank water...no beer.




Protein Shake @ 4:15 (forgot to photograph) on the way to the WOD.

Post WOD aminos, fortunately because I got caught in traffic on the way home! I would have been starving!










Dinner @ 7:30

5 oz turkey
2 c spinach


Snack about 10:00

1/2 c plain greek yogurt
12.5 g protein






2 comments:

  1. Sweetie, I think every single person has felt the way you did with one or more particular workouts. Be it the workout, or just the given day... most of us have already felt defeated once we walk into the gym. While the work may suck, and bring you into the deepest darkest emotional hole in the ground, you have to emerge and look at all the positive things that have come out of it. You completed that WOD. You did not give up. You didn't skip it, or cherry pick it. You didn't die. Be proud of the accomplishment. It's another killer cardio WOD in the books.

    ReplyDelete