Thursday, December 19, 2013

Celebrate the Small Victories


It's been a tough road lately not seeing results in any big way. Some skills and lifts have declined, so its been hard to focus on anything but the negative. Got a nice reminder that sometimes, even the little things need to be celebrated. I am so thankful we are surrounded by such great people that encourage you as they see you grow and improve. Since my back is still wonky I was pleased to participate in a cardio WOD and then skipped over to the gymnastics class right after. Been working those lat pulls lately, so I was excited to feel the strength in my lats during the pulls in class. Even was banging out unbroken sets while Sam commended me on the improvement.

I take another moment to remember where I have been and what I COULDN'T do just a short 2 years ago. Hanging from a bar? No way! I literally injured my shoulder at a playground when I jumped up on the monkey bars. All of my weight pulled down on my shoulder...lack of strength = damage. I was so embarrassed on that day that I couldn't even hold my weight on a bar. I don't EVER want to go back there. Today is a small victory and I will take it!

Breakfast @ 7:30

2 whole eggs
1 slice ezekiel bread
1/2 T coconut oil
Snack @10:30

1 C plain greek yogurt
1/4 c pineapple

Lunch @ 1:30

1 1/2 c Spinach
4.6 oz chicken
4 grape tomatoes

Snack @ 3:30

25 g protein

WOD and Gymnastics

Post-WOD

Muscle-Pharm aminos

Dinner @ 7:15

5 oz turkey breast
1 1/2 c spinach
Later
1/2 c plain greek yogurt
12.5 g protein





No comments:

Post a Comment