Saturday, December 28, 2013

Challenges and Opportunities

Every night as we put the kids to bed, we pray. One particular point stuck with me tonight. "God, we thank you for our family, friends, our health, our jobs, the roof over our head and the food on our table. We thank you for the challenges and obstacles too, because overcoming them helps us grow stronger."

Today's obstacles and challenges start with getting out the door late for the gym. I prepared breakfast, but wolfed it down and failed to get a photo.

Knees have been stupid crackly, sore and swollen for the last couple days, so I decided I would scale some stuff today that I wouldn't normally. Did a row instead of running, step ups on the short box, and something else I can't remember. Since this was a team WOD, it gave me the opportunity of sprinting for each movement. This isn't normally something I would do because I know my redline point so well that I think I avoid pushing myself hard enough. The challenge of crackly knees presented an opportunity to train in a way I typically avoid! BOOM! Progress.

Also forgot the photo for the aminos post WOD. I found myself hanging out at the gym after the WOD enjoying the company of friends talking goals, food, and training. Suddenly realize "CRAP!! I'm gonna be late!" Had to get Kaitlyn to a birthday party! It was so challenging getting home on time and getting her out the door on time, but I did it. The pay off was community building with friends and still meeting my requirements at home. 

Meals were askew today due to failure to prep for this kind of day. However, I found myself maintaining the meal plan (not in order or on schedule) and refusing to engage in poor diet choices for dinner and ice custard with the family. I genuinely think strength of mind is developed during these kinds of tests. Some days I might crumble, but days like today give me a feeling of Wonder Woman coursing through my veins. While the day may have been "askew", I spent a lot of time with the kiddoes, playing games, shopping, and enjoying family time. That is a win on any day.

Breakfast @ 8:25

2 whole boiled eggs
1 slice ezekiel toast

Post WOD @ 10:00

Muscle Pharm Aminos


"Snack" @ 1:00

1 C plain Greek Yogurt
1/3 c pineapple
Dinner @ Chili's @ 5:00

Ordered the Margarita chicken without the rice and added a side salad. Cut up the chicken breast, dug under the cheesy coating on the salad (dammit...ALWAYS forget there is cheese!), tossed the greens and pico on the plate with black beans served with the chicken. If you have never had their margarita chicken I HIGHLY recommend it. Phenomenal! Made this photo bigger to prove it isn't junk. ;)


Snack @ 7:00

Hungry by the time we got home, so had a protein shake while playing with the kids. 1 scoop of protein powder.



Snack @ 9:30

1/2 C greek yogurt
12.5 g protein powder


No comments:

Post a Comment