Sunday, February 23, 2014

Time to GTFO the pity train

WTH happened to my accountability people?! I fell off the wagon hard, and with the exception of the husband and one other person (thank you Ed and Rachel!), NO ONE called me out. :(

I've been over here wallowing in self-pity. I didn't follow the plan while in Ohio, yes...I'm weak, especially when surrounded by saboteurs. Got back from the trip feeling a bit bad, but it was only 5 days AND I was ready to start lifting again! Was SO EXCITED to start hitting the gym again to do some serious lifting.

Then...it happened...again. I was getting ready in the morning on Monday and tweaked my back! I mean seriously? On the EXACT day I planned to start lifting again? Obviously something is seriously wrong back there. I scheduled an appointment with a chiropractor for Wednesday and then had to reschedule for tomorrow courtesy of bitchy ass traffic. Yet another thing that beat me down. I was mentally crushed all week. Being forced out of lifting again, after something like 5 weeks has been a real blow to my ego and drive. Per usual, if I lose motivation at the gym, I lose motivation to eat right. Which is a super scary cycle. How will I cope when I am older? How will I cope if I have a serious injury in the future? How do I fix this broken piece in my head?

So, here I am...looking at my murder board...and mad at myself for letting it all get to me. Again. Mad that out of 52 weeks this year, I have screwed up 7 of them. 45 weeks to achieve my goals and I destroy my progress over 12 days. And....welcome to my cycle (that I am just now REALLY coming to grips with). So, instead of continuing to wallow in this self-pity, I am dedicating tomorrow as my new day 1. Back to posting meals and workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment